Wednesday, March 12, 2008

10 Tips For Better Bedroom Organization: Little Girls Rooms

Here are a few tips that I've used in my toddler girl's bedroom.


1. To always know where her shoes are, I throw them all in a big plastic tote. I keep the tote in the closet. There's the clothes and there's the shoes.

Now if you think it would take too much time to get a matching pair out, you can always use my second choice for shoes. This inexpensive, over the door organizer. I got this in a cute pink color at my local Wal Mart and it cost less than $10. Right now, we have too many shoes to use this option. [But. You could also use the door organizer to hold other stuff ... like, small toys, crafts, hair bows, whatever!]

2. She had a very large collection of purses. I keep all of them in a large tote also. It keeps them together and takes less space to store than if they were hanging on something like over-the-door hooks.



3. I have this multiple hook over the door holder that I hang her belts, diaper bag and jackets on. It keeps them all off the floor and out of her reach. This is her bedroom door.


4. Then I have these hooks that I put her bulkier coats on. This is the closet door.



5. This shelf is high above where she cannot reach, so it's the best place to put this earring holder. I use this earring holder so that I do not have to keep up with countless boxes or card stock the earrings come on. And we can see every choice of earring we have.



6. This shelf is below the earring one, but still out of reach. The round basket holds all her hats. The square hold hair bows that do not clip/cannot hang.



7. I made this hair bow holder when our collection of hair bows got too big to be digging through a Ziploc bag for.



8. This stuffed animal net is perfect for those toys that she doesn't actually play with, but have too much sentimental value to get rid of.



9. All her toys go into certain cubes. Horses in one, dolls in another, etc. It may seem easier to just pick toys up and put them in whatever cube, but with a toddler, if she can't find a toy she's looking for, what does she do? She pulls everything out until she finds it.



10 . Needless to say, as soon as we're done using a coat, hair bow, hat, etc. we always put it right back into the "home" of the item.
I hope you find some of these tips useful. And feel free to share any of your own tips too!
Daphne

0 comments: